Logan E. HastingsSenior Associate
Logan E. Hastings is a seasoned, detail-oriented transactional attorney with extensive practice experience in real estate finance. His current practice centers on the representation of private money lenders making business-purpose mortgage loans.
Before joining Doss Law, LLP, Logan represented many of the largest banks and mortgage lenders in the United States in connection with their consumer-purpose, residential real estate finance transactions. He also has experience advising supermajor energy companies regarding the real property laws affecting their exploration and production activities.
Generally, his experience includes advising on the state and federal laws and regulations applicable to real estate finance as well as title review and the drafting of loan documents, contracts, and other instruments integral to real estate transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Loan Documentation: Documentation of Simple to Complex Business Purpose Loans & Loans Secured by Commercial Real Estate
- Fund Formation and Compliance: The Largest Fund Creator in California
- Hard Money Lender Representation & Private Money Lender Representation Licensing, Compliance, and Reporting
- Securities Architects of Mortgage Pools, Real Estate Funds, REITS, and Opportunity Zone Funds
- Department of Real Estate Defense and Department of Financial Protection and Innovation Defense
- Consumer Credit: Dodd-Frank
South Texas College of Law Houston
J.D., Magna cum laude
Texas A&M University
B.S., Deans Honor List
Programs & Affiliations
State Bar of Texas
Passed Bar Exam – Became Licensed to Practice Law – 2014